Each Week Elleinadspir, A Place to Share and I will be working our way through the Listography 2011 Book with a rotating Link Part-tay! To find the list of the years topics, check out the Listography Link above. Today’s Topic: List what you remember about your childhood home
I lived in the house above for the majority of my childhood. It was the perfect size. 1500 sq feet. Just big enough for a family a five and just small enough that we never felt cramped. I have many, many happy memories from this house. Here are a few:
- My Dad built us a swing set in the backyard. He BUILT it himself. Superfun.
- Once my Dad and youngest brother spent an hour planting annuals around a tree in the backyard. The next day the flowers were back in their containers. My Dad thought he was losing his mind until my five year old brother fessed up he had put them back in the containers because gardening was fun and he wanted to do it again.
- Waking up on Easter morning to find baskets on the breakfast bar.
- Looking at the twinkle of our Christmas tree which sat in the Bay window each year.
- Once my parents cranked up our Sound of Music record (yes, record) and we all jumped around the backyard pretending we were the Von Trapps (parental units included). There is an incredibly incriminating video of this event. Happy (if dorky) memories indeed.