Each Week Elleinadspir, A Place to Share and I will be working our way through the Listography 2011 Book with a rotating Link Part-tay! To find the list of the years topics, check out the Listography Link above. Today’s Topic: List things that freak you out
I don't even know how to approach listing all of my multiple irrational fears. I slept with my light on until I was about oh, 21 years old. True story. Just ask my college roomates.
But if I had to distill it all down to my major fears I would list:
- Heights: This includes high places, flying in planes and also being over deep water (I consider deep water to be a height).
- Death: I constantly worry about bad things happening to the ones I love. I am a gold medal worrier.
- Pool Drains
- Open Water: I like swimming as long as the water is less than 14 feet deep and I can see everything that is going on. Ideal swimming locations for me include pools less than 14 feet deep with limited amounts of drains (so I can avoid them) and very clear lakes and oceans. Essentially I should only be swimming in Hawaii and the CAribbean and the local YWCA.
- Spiders: This surprisingly is only a mild fear.
- Racoons and other animals I feel might attack me unprovoked.
- Anything and everything.
I also thought I'd break protocol and talk about the things I don't fear to make myself feel better! So... I do not fear.
- Public speaking: I like talking. Getting to talk to multiple people at the same time is extra fun.
- Dancing: I am a good dancer. The end.
- Embarrassment: Embarrassing events are my destiny. I don't fear them.
- Math: I make budgets spreadsheets for fun. I am totally serious.
- Taxes: Every year I feel triumphant as I save money by doing them myself.
- Legal Documents: I have filled out more immigration and adoption paperwork than you can imagine. Throw your bureaucracy at me. I will SURVIVE!
How about you? What do you fear? What are you brave about? I've go the link today!