Each Week Elleinadspir, A Place to Share and I will be working our way through theListography 2011 Book with a rotating Link Part-tay! To find the list of the years topics, check out the Listography Link above. Today's Topic: List some ideas for earth friendly living
- My first and most important tip would be to eat less meat overall. It's extremely hard on the environment to eat the amount of meat we do in the United States. Don't get me wrong Casa Perez residents are super-carne fans, but we love people more and destroying the environment is bad for people. In our house the rule of thumb is not to buy meat unless it's for a Rick Bayless recipe. That way whenever we go out to eat ordering meat feels like a superspecial treat! As a bonus, not buying meat saves us enough grocery budget to buy high quality local organic produce. #winning!
- Compost-Okay, I actually don't do this, but it's supposed to be crazy effective in terms of reducing Co2 emissions so it's on my LIST!
- Rags-It's so easy to cut up and old towel and use them to clean up spills instead of using one billion paper towels.
- Break your napkin addiction-Let's be real. Are we pigs? Cause unless we are not every meal needs a napkin. I am one of the sloppiest eaters I know and I don't need them unless it's ribs or tacos or other finger foods. I'm just saying! Think it through.
- Water Bottles-There is absolutely no reason to waste money on plastic water bottles. By a reusable one or ten, fill 'em up and stick in your fridge. You'll save yourself money and exposure to plastic bottle chemicals.
Alright, I'm getting all apoplectic just thinking about plastic water bottles swimming around in the ocean so I'll cut myself off before I turn all green. What are your tips? Are mine too simple? Too drastic? Just right? Share your wisdom! I've got the link.