Each Week Elleinadspir, A Place to Share and I will be working our way through the Listography 2011 Book with a rotating Link Part-tay! To find the list of the years topics, check out the Listography Link above. Books that Made you cry
Before my list-a short note. I cry all the time. It's embarrassing and problematic! To list every book that I've cried reading could be a daunting task, so I'm going to limit myself to the most recent books I've read that made me cry. Each of these books are top-notch and I enthusiastically suggest that you read them too. Conveniently I've also posted previously on most of them so you can click through on the title if you want to know more. Side note to my note-Some of the posts are really old so you'll also get to see how much I used to suck at blogging, or rather, how much I've improved!
- The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri - Okay. I may be a cry baby, but you'd have to be made of stone not to cry at this one. I read the most dramatic part on a plane and had to curl up in the corner for fear the flight attendants would get concerned that I was having an anxiety attack. True story.
- Rockabye by Rebecca Woolf-I've gone on and on about how much I heart Ms. Bec, author of Girls Gone Child but this book came to me at just the right time. It chronicles her struggle to find her identity as a young mother and wife in a world where being a mommy=being tame. I read it while I was doing the same, except, not quite so young. Her honesty is astounding. Love.
- A Homemade Life by Molly Wizenberg-If I wrote a book I would aspire for it to be like Molly's. This is the kind of book that makes you hungry, happy and touches your heart all at once. Brilliant.
- The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows-This books takes place during World War II. It makes you cry in a Life is Beautiful kind of way. I bought it for my Mom for Christmas. She protested that she didn't want to read it and yet had read more than half of it the next day. Take that Mom! :)
- Holy Bible-I've turned to the Bible many a time with tears in my eyes. If you licked my bible it would be salty for sure. I have to say though, if you are in my house licking my bible I think we might have a problem.
Alrighty, these are the books that have touched my heart over the last few years. I can't wait to hear about yours! Please remember to link to the specific blog post so that everybody can see your list without digging. And as always, if you don't have a blog to link up feel free to play along in the comment section.