Each Week Elleinadspir, A Place to Share and I will be working our way through the Listography 2011 Book with a rotating Link Part-tay! To find the list of the years topics, check out the Listography Link above. Today's topic: List places you'd like to visit
Mulling over places I'd like to visit could be one of my favorite activities e-ver. I love traveling so much that I even started taking Imaginary Vacations since we're currently home-bound by the responsibilities of a little one. Don't feel sorry for me though, I've been really fortunate to have traveled a lot already and as you'll soon see I have big plans for the future.
- Philippines-My Dad is Filipino. I really want to go back with home one day and see all the places where he grew up. I went to Panama to visit my Grandmother's childhood home two years ago and it was an amazing experience.
- Marrakesh-Moorish architecture, the confluence of cultures, the colors, the couscous! I even know exactly where I want to stay!
- Paris-The city of Amelie. I have to go and eat many, many, many croissants. It's even on my Mighty List.
- Spain: Barcelona & La Alhambra-A good friend of mine studied abroad there when I was Senior in High School. He would spend endless hours describing how wonderful it was via this new technology called "e-mail" I've been enthralled with the idea of visiting Spain ever since. The movie Vicky Cristina Barcelona only furthered his cause.
- Italy-Food. Pizza. Italians. Assisi. Of course I have to go.
- Sweden-Uh, Swedish design? Marimekko? IKEA. Duh!
- Machu Picchu-If you have an M.A. in Spanish you are almost obligated to visit. We'll make it one day!
- Oaxaca, Mexico-Food. Art. Fooooood.
- Met in NY-Did you read that book "The mixed up files of Ms. Basil E. Frankweilier" about the kids who runaway and live in the museum. Well I did! And that's why I have to go to the Met.
- India-The Holi Festival and Taj Mahal. Have you heard of Holi? They throw colored dye all over everyone? Yay!
I've shown great restraint and cut myself off at ten places. Can't wait to hear where you'd like to visit!