Each Week Elleinadspir, A Place to Share and I will be working our way through the Listography 2011 Book with a rotating Link Part-tay! To find the list of the years topics, check out the Listography Link above. Today’s Topic: List your best qualities in the workplace
Such great timing. I just finished a job interview recently (and got the job!) so I've spent some time thinking and talking about what I'm good at in the workplace. Side note: although I do not like looking for jobs I very much enjoy job interviews. I am apparently so persuasive that after I'm done I've always convinced myself that I'd be great at a job!
- Program Management-I am such a list, budget, timeline nerd. Also? I'm bossy. Program Management is basically just an opportunity to be myself.
- Public Speaking-I don't really get nervous so I tend to get volunteered to do presentations which always gives the impression that you are smart. ;)
- Meeting Facilitation-People get OUT OF CONTROL at meetings talking about this and that and getting nothing done. I will set an agenda and keep people on it, I am not afraid to crack the whip.
- Defusing-For some reason the workplace can turn rational people into rampaging robots intent on destroying each other. I'm not saying I love to do it but I do have some skill in defusing hysteria.
- Training-There are a lot of teachers in my life. I don't like kids but I do like teaching so training is right up my alley.
To be honest I feel a little weird making this list because it seems so... non-humble, but I'm trying to remember that thinking highly of yourself does not mean that you are looking down at other people. In fact, I find that when I am kind to myself I am also more inclined to see what other people are good at as well. What are you good at? Danielle's got the link!