Each Week Elleinadspir, A Place to Share and I will be working our way through the Listography 2011 Book with a rotating Link Part-tay! To find the list of the years topics, check out the Listography Link above. Today’s Topic: List cocktails you've tried
My body is not the best at processing alcohol so I don't drink much. It can be dissapointing sometimes, but on the upside I can remember very clearly which cocktails I've had because they are such a rarity for me!
- Pisco Sour-I had my first one at a very fancing wedding while studying abroad in Chile. It was still the best Pisco Sour I've ever had. They are not often on the menu but if you have a chance to get a good one, make sure to go for it! Bay Area locals can get a good one at Mochica in the city.
- Mojito-Also, had this for the first time in Chile (are you sensing a theme?). We used to frequent a Cuban club called Ile Havana in Santiago and my friend Eudys was in the band. The mojito was ca-razy strong. Halfway through the drink I was hugging Eudys bear-like whilst babbling about the greatness that is Cuba.
- Chocolate Martini-Hands down this is still my favorite drink, because I like chocolate. Duh. They are delicious.
- Margarita-Who hasn't had a margarita? I recall having many in Panama with my family.
- Fantachop-This is not so much a cocktail as a mix, of... beer and Fanta. This is the cheap drink of choice in Chile. Brilliant! All that world-class wine and I was drinking Fanta and Beer. Hah!
- Basil Gimlet-Honestly, I'm still not quite sure what's in a gimlet... but I'm sure it's good.
What about you guys? I can't be the only one who was busy getting an alcohol education in a foreign land, right? Share your list with the group over at Torrie's. I'll meet you there!