Today is my 5TH year Blogaversary! How is that even possible? My life has changed a lot since I started my first blog 5 years ago. Back in 2006 I was living in the crapartment with absolutely no idea of the ups and down the next five years would bring. I started blogging on a whim because my friend Chhimi set me up with one and slowly overtime it woke up a love for writing that I never realized existed.
Today I'm mixing things up. I'm thankful for this blog and I'd like to tell you why:
- Improvement- The ability to write for an audience is the best motivation to constantly improve. The way I wrote 5 years ago is so embarrassing compared to how I write today. It is my hope that 5 years now I will be able to look back and see even more growth!
- Encouragement-Through this blog people have cheered me on in my fight against our former landlord, the purchase of our first house, my transformation into a "runner", our journey to become a family and my work to become a better writer. Everything in life feels possible with people cheering you on!
- Networking-I've met so many cool people through this blog and strengthened relationship s with people I know "IRL" through the conversations here. It's a wonderful way to connect.
- Discipline-The key to improvement is to do and do and do. I'll be really honest and say that sometimes I feel like the blog is a burden. I spend a lot of time working to make the blog what it is. Sometimes I feel uninspired but the discipline of knowing people will visit to see if I've posted something keeps me going. It's because you come that I constantly challenge myself to try do things better.
- Fun!-The public nature of this blog encourages me to cook and write and build decks! It's because of this blog that I've eaten some of the most delicious food in the world and put more effort into doing things I used to only dream of!
A few weeks ago Nicole posted the following video of Ira Glass talking about Improving. Thank you so much for giving me a platform to improve over the last 5 years. Over the next 5 I'm going to strive to make you all proud.
Sincerely, La Notoriousa MLE